These steps can be used on windows Server 2008 r2 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg and then click OK to open Component Services.
- In the console tree, click to expand Component Services, click to expand Computers, click to expand My Computer, click to expand Distributed Transaction Coordinator and then click Local DTC.
- Right click Local DTC and click Properties to display the Local DTC Properties dialog box.
- Click the Security tab.
- Check mark “Network DTC Access” checkbox.
- Finally check mark “Allow Inbound” and “Allow Outbound” checkboxes.
- Click Apply, OK.
- A message will pop up about restarting the service.
- Click OK and That’s all.
Sometimes the network firewall on the Local Computer or the Server could interrupt your connection so make sure you create rules to “Allow Inbound” and “Allow Outbound” connection for